E&CO offers Independent Living Skills (ILS), a special skills program designed to foster successful independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities who are interested in learning how to live more independently in the community.
The ILS Program helps individuals learn Essential Life Skills such as:
- Nutrition, Cooking and Meal Preparation
- Healthy Living, Health Care, Diabetes Awareness
- Self-Advocacy, Assertiveness Training and Self Esteem
- Relationships and Sexuality
- Household Management and Upkeep
- Budgeting, Banking and Money Management
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Community Safety
- Public Transportation
ILS Program services include help in researching, locating and securing suitable community-based housing, including the key steps involved in moving into a new home.
- Completing rental/leasing applications
- Security deposits and rental agreements
- Moving into and furnishing the home
- Section 8 housing
- Home safety and household budgeting
Watch Lindsay, a participant in our Northern California ILS program, describe her achievements through the ILS program.
Please contact Program Manager, Lori Menzies at email@example.com.