A Legacy of Giving…A Legacy of Caring
Each year, thousands of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities need a helping hand to get by. Without support, they are destined to live isolated, unproductive lives, at great societal and human cost.
With your help, we can make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable citizens.
E&CO believes that anyone who wants a job should have one. That’s why we provide the support needed to help individuals with the most significant disabilities secure a job, live on their own and have access to their community.
Annually E&CO assists over 1,200 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become productive, independent members of society by training and placing them into jobs.
You can help us continue this important work.
We depend on thoughtful and caring donors like you for our survival and so do the individuals who need our help!
When you make a gift to E&CO, you make it possible to continue our work of supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their quest to lead productive, meaningful, dignified lives.
Your gift is a lasting legacy that will continue changing lives and building brighter futures for each individual we help for years to come!
Your Planned Gift…
- Arms our most vulnerable citizens with key job skills needed to lead independent and productive lives.
- Allows us to develop programs to address issues of aging, which our people face 10 to 20 years earlier than the general population.
- Insulates us from government funding reductions and other funding gaps that occur from time to time.
- Enables us to weather economic downturns so we can continue providing much-needed services without interruption.
- Provides pre-programmed iPads that make communication possible for our individuals who are non-verbal.
- Creates office space in which we can incubate the small businesses our individuals will independently own and operate.
Join the Legacy Circle
The Legacy Circle is an honorary society of special donors who have named E&CO in their will, trust, planned gift or have made a gift to our endowment fund. Gifts include…
- Naming E&CO in your will as a beneficiary.
- Including us in your estate plan.
- Making E&CO a beneficiary of your retirement or life insurance plan.
- Bequeathing real estate or other gifts of value.
- Donating income-producing assets.
Won’t You Help?
Include a gift to E&CO in your will or estate plan by talking with your financial planner, tax advisor or attorney.
Types of Gifts
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Trusts
- Pooled Income Funds
- Qualified Retirement Assets
There are ways your gift can quality for a charitable tax deduction, provide you with income and bypass capital gains.
Ask your estate attorney or financial planner about setting up a Charitable Remainder Trust or Charitable Gift Annuity.
Include E&CO in your will or estate plan, and let us know about your generous gift. For more information, please contact:
Philanthropy Outreach Manager
5050 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 220
San Diego, CA 92123
(858) 565-9870 ext. 226